Enough is enough.
I'm tired when I wake up. I'm tired throughout the day. I have no energy. I'm tired in the evening. I fall asleep on the couch, but when I finally drag myself to bed, I'm wide awake. This has got to stop. So, I'm making a plan.
Currently, I go to bed around 1:30am and Ethan wakes up around 7am. I snooze around in bed for another 3 hours then stumble downstairs and head straight for the coffee maker. Of course when Andrew is not here, I get up out of bed when Ethan does, but this morning when I approached the coffee machine and realised to my horror that there was no coffee to be found in the house, something had to change.
I'm making some new rules for myself.
1. No coffee or caffinated beverages after 4pm
2. Set a regular bedtime and stick to it (my goal is 11:00. Every few days I will go to bed half an hour earlier until I make it to 11:00.
3. Establish a bedtime routine. Ethan has one. Rueben has one. I should have one. For those interested it will be this: load and turn on dishwasher @ 10:30. Make cup of decaf tea. PJ's and wash up. Read in bed until 11:00. Lights out.
4. Go outside and get some fresh air everyday.
5. Get some kind of physical activity everyday (even if all it is is carting laundry up and down the stairs.
Hopefully, with these new 'rules' I will be getting a full restful night's sleep and feel refreshed in the morning.