Thursday, August 19, 2010

Put on Your Red Shoes and Dance the Blues

It has been well over 20 years since I last donned my tap shoes, but it looks like I'm going to have to dust them off cause I went and joined an adult tap class at a local dance school. I'm a little bit anxious but mostly excited to start the class which is running from September to June, one evening per week, culminating in a dance performance extravaganza! Costumes and all! Woo whoo!

It's all a part of my new health goals. While I have been running and walking more, I feel these kinds of exercise are a chore because I really don't enjoy them. It's a struggle for me to find motivation to get on the treadmill because it's so monotonous. Dance on the other hand doesn't even feel like exercise to me, which is why I need to be doing more of it. I even enrolled Ethan in a hip hop class for 3 - 5 year olds. He is so excited to start his class. When we went to register for the classes, he was so sad when we left cause he thought he was going to be dancing right then and there!

I'm also going to start Ethan in swimming lessons this fall. We had such a great time at the lake this past summer and enjoying our local swimming pool that I feel Ethan is finally old enough to get something out of an organized swimming lesson. He also expressed an interest in soccer, but I think with pre-school starting this September as well, he's got enough on his plate.

1 comment:

  1. 'Do you think you can dance' might be beckoning your family! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete